LIFE MORE EXTRAORDINARY
Is your child aiming for Oxbridge? Are you looking for help with their Oxbridge preparation?
Did you know that getting the grades is only the first step? It takes much more than this to be offered a place.
From entrance exams to personal statements and interviews there are a lot of hurdles your child needs to jump in order to achieve their goal.
My name is Lucy Parsons. I am a Cambridge graduate, former secondary school teacher, academic coach and author of The Ten Step Guide to Acing Every Exam You Ever Take.
My team and I can help you navigate the Oxbridge application process in a manageable and enjoyable way helping your child to extend their intellectual curiosity and critical thinking so that they come across as a really interesting candidate, rather than one who's been overly coached.
What does the Oxbridge Preparation programme involve?
The Oxbridge Preparation programme is a one-to-one service.
When your child does their Oxbridge Preparation with us they will:
- Plan a set of activities that will truly impress admissions tutors, as well as deepen and widen their education, so that they can write confidently about their experiences in their personal statement and talk about them with ease if they are invited to interview
- Be held accountable to executing their plan so that they have a great set of experiences and insights to write about in their personal statement
- Have support with writing the first draft of their personal statement, through my tried and tested methods, so that they don't waste time looking at a blank screen not knowing where to begin
- Get an Oxbridge personal statement review so that they can get their personal statement done and dusted without writing twenty drafts or over-thinking it
- Receive help and advice to make sure they stay on track with getting the grades
- Be given advice about where to go for entrance test preparation and Oxbridge interview practice
What you will get when you sign your child up for Oxbridge Preparation:
- Six live calls to be spaced over the time from when you sign-up to when your application is complete. These calls will be used to:
- Plan the activities they need to do to write about in their personal statement
- Keep them on track with their plan as well as their studies
- Do their Oxbridge personal statement review
- Review their progress on entrance test preparation and mock interviews
- Access to my Personal Statement Masterclass (worth £99)
- Email support between calls
What you won't get when you sign your child up for the Top Ten Mastermind:
- Practice interviews. In some cases either I, or a member of my team, will be able to do practice interviews for students at an extra cost, or point you towards someone better qualified ( i.e. they have a degree in the right subject from Oxbridge, or they're an experienced Oxbridge mock-interviewer)
- Help with entrance exams or tests. Again, I can point you in the direction of people who can help with this, but they need to be experts in the subject.
How much does this cost?
The total cost for the Oxbridge Preparation Programme is £900.
If you are interested in your child taking part, please book a free 15 minute call with my lead academic coach, Helen Chaplain (Oxford English graduate) to check whether you are a good fit for Oxbridge coaching with us. This is a good time for you to ask any questions you have.
"Lucy is a wonderful personal statement tutor, she is so dedicated to helping students achieve their dreams. She completely transformed my personal statement into one that allowed me to get an offer from Cambridge!
Lucy’s patience, creativity and linguistic prowess ensured that the process of writing my personal statement was efficient and ultimately successful! All of her resources in her writing package are invaluable, I would highly recommend their use as they provided an excellent structure. Lucy also tutored me on how to approach the entrance exam, these few hours could not have been spent better! I highly recommend Lucy as a tutor, she is truly amazing!"
Kathryn, successful applicant to Newnham College, Cambridge
Is your child a good fit for Oxbridge Preparation?
To be a good fit your child should be:
- In year 12
- Have As or 7s and above at GCSE (ideally 8s and 9s). They should be on track to get As and A*s at A Level
- Be prepared to do the work - we can't do the work for them, it has to come from them
- Have natural intellectual curiosity
When can I start?
I would suggest starting as soon as possible after your child has received their GCSE results, but you can start any time up to the July of Year 12.
"I just wanted to say a massive thank you for the both personal statement workshop and 1:1 session you had with Lauren today. We were expecting personal statement writing to take weeks and be very stressful but again thanks to your advice it turned into a very systematic and natural process. I haven’t seen her statement yet, but I know she is feeling very happy with it and just has some final touches to make before the “big reveal”!
Parent of a Cambridge applicant
Frequently Asked Questions about my Oxbridge Help
What previous success do you have getting students into Oxbridge?
In the 2019 application round two students I helped with elements of their application got places and four were invited for interview, out of six who I helped with their personal statement. This is an overall success rate of 33%. The current success rates for all students who apply is about 16% for Oxford and 20% for Cambridge. We will be realistic with people about their chances of getting in, based on their GCSE grades and school backgrounds, but some people choose to work with us despite the relatively low chances of getting in. We never want anyone to spend the rest of their lives thinking 'what if?'.