We are looking for an experienced part-time Copywriter to create digital marketing copy and content that serves clients.
What the job involves
As our copywriter you will be working closely with our founder, Lucy Parsons, to create all the marketing and customer facing copy that the business needs.
The job will involve writing digital marketing copy in Lucy’s voice to appeal to our audience of either parents of teenagers or teenagers themselves. Types of copy we regularly create:
- Email campaigns
- Sales pages
- Landing pages e.g. for webinars, lead magnets
- Social media captions
- Blog posts to accompany YouTube videos and podcast episodes
- Email updates to members of The Extraordinaries Club
- Web pages inside The Extraordinaries Club
- Update web pages on an ongoing basis
The work will be flexible and you will work from your own home, although we would prefer a candidate local to Lucy in Northamptonshire / Leicestershire /Warwickshire so that we can have occasional face-to-face get-togethers but this isn’t essential. You will need access to excellent WiFi to perform your work efficiently and effectively.
In the early stages of working with us you will work closely with Lucy to understand how our marketing works and to learn our house written style. Over time, you will develop to work more independently on the business’ copy freeing up Lucy to work on other aspects of the business.
Training in both copywriting and other business systems will be available where there is a proven business case that it will further the business’ goals.
This is a part-time position, starting at 15 hours per week.
Salary will be £15,000-£17,000 per annum, depending on your level of experience as a copywriter.
You will work from home on a flexible basis most of the time, but it is desirable that you are in Northamptonshire, Leicestershire or Warwickshire so that we can occasionally meet face-to-face.
Bring your own device.
What you must have to be successful
- Proven ability to write compelling sales copy
- Ability to mimic Lucy’s voice / the voice of the brand in all sales copy
- Impeccable written English (spelling, punctuation and grammar)
- Empathy with our customers (parents of teenagers taking GCSEs and A-Levels and the teenagers themselves)
- Focus on the customer
- A bright, positive, can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
Skills it will be good to have / you can develop through the role
- Knowledge of WordPress websites e.g. how to create a new page or blog post, how to add H1, H2 headings etc
- Familiarity with Thrive Architect and Thrive Leads for designing attractive web pages and email sign-up forms in WordPress
- Knowledge of ConvertKit, my email management software
- Ability to use MeetEdgar, the social media scheduling tool
- Experience using Facebook as a social media marketing channel
Send your CV with covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should have the title ‘Application for Copywriter role’ and contain an explanation of why you are a good fit for the role and why you’re attracted to it.
About the business
Life More Extraordinary Academic Coaching Ltd is an internet business, created by Lucy Parsons, which teaches teenagers and their families the study skills they need to reach their full academic potential and be accepted by their dream university. The business was founded in 2015 when Lucy self-published the first version of her book, The Ten Step Guide to Acing Every Exam You Ever Take. The Extraordinaries Club is the main way that families can work with the business. It is a membership site with monthly and annual members. We also have a team of 1:1 associate coaches working with a large number of clients and an online course, the Personal Statement Masterclass.
At Life More Extraordinary Academic Coaching we support teenagers and their families with the study skills, habits and mindset to reach their potential in GCSE and A-Level exams and get into the university of their choice so that they can become life-long learners, be fulfilled in their dreams and become thoughtful and contributing members of society.
At Life More Extraordinary Academic Coaching we:
- Teach students and parents the study, revision and support skills necessary to achieve their potential in GCSE and A-Level exams, filling the gap left by schools who focus on teaching content
- Support students to get into their first choice of university
Students and their families remember us for empowering them to achieve more than they believed they were capable of, enabling them to become life-long learners, be fulfilled in their dreams and become thoughtful and contributing members of society.
To become the nationally recognised go-to experts for families with students in years 10, 11, 12 and 13 for study skills and university applications support and advice.
By 2031 we will have helped 25,000 families.
Growth – clients and colleagues learning and growing as humans every day
Excellence – with the right tools and skills anyone can exceed their expectations
Family – family is the foundation for success
Responsibility – each individual takes responsibility for their own actions and outcomes
Self-care – true success and fulfilment can only be achieved when each of us practices extreme self-care
Dedication delivers results