Virtual Executive Assistant
Life More Extraordinary Academic Coaching Ltd is looking for an experienced part-time Virtual Assistant for 6 hours per week to run the operations that make the business tick and be the main support to Lucy Parsons, the founder.
About the business
Life More Extraordinary Academic Coaching Ltd is an internet business, founded by Lucy Parsons, which teaches teenagers and their families the study skills they need to reach their full academic potential and be accepted by their dream university. The business was founded in 2015 when Lucy self-published the first version of her book, The Ten Step Guide to Acing Every Exam You Ever Take. The Extraordinaries Club is the main way that families can work with the business. It is a membership site with monthly and annual members. We also have a team of 1:1 associate coaches working with a large number of clients and an online course, the Personal Statement Masterclass.
At Life More Extraordinary Academic Coaching we support teenagers and their families with the study skills, habits and mindset to reach their potential in GCSE and A-Level exams and get into the university of their choice so that they can become life-long learners, be fulfilled in their dreams and become thoughtful and contributing members of society.
At Life More Extraordinary Academic Coaching we:
- Teach students and parents the study, revision and support skills necessary to achieve their potential in GCSE and A-Level exams, filling the gap left by schools who focus on teaching content
- Support students to get into their first choice of university
Students and their families remember us for empowering them to achieve more than they believed they were capable of, enabling them to become life-long learners, be fulfilled in their dreams and become thoughtful and contributing members of society.
To become the nationally recognised go-to experts for families with students in years 10, 11, 12 and 13 for study skills and university applications support and advice.
By 2031 we will have helped 25,000 families.
Growth – clients and colleagues learning and growing as humans every day
Excellence – with the right tools and skills anyone can exceed their expectations
Family – family is the foundation for success
Responsibility – each individual takes responsibility for their own actions and outcomes
Self-care – true success and fulfilment can only be achieved when each of us practices extreme self-care
Dedication delivers results
What I’m offering
As my Virtual Assistant you will be working in the business every day to support me with routine tasks such as email and calendar management, managing social media, customer support, creating web pages and graphics for the website and much more.
The work will be flexible and you will work from your own home, although I would prefer a candidate local to me in Northamptonshire / Leicestershire /Warwickshire so that we can have occasional face-to-face get-togethers but this isn’t essential. There are a small number of daily tasks that I would like to be done early in the working day, which will take less than an hour and another inbox check late in the working day. When you complete the rest of the work is up to you.
I am looking for someone who will be proactive in their desire to take things off my hands, is customer focused, has exemplary written English and great attention to detail. As your competence and expertise grows I would hope that you will be able to take on more work and grow into more of a project management role, supervising other virtual members of the team that I plan to take on over time.
This is a role for an experienced and competent virtual assistant, starting at 6 hours per week. However, the hours are extremely likely to grow over time.
Salary please quote your hourly rate on application. My budget is£20-£25 per hour.
You will work from home on a flexible basis most of the time, but it is desirable that you are in Leicestershire or Northamptonshire so that we can occasionally meet face-to-face. You may occasionally be asked to support a workshop during the evening or at the weekend. You will need to check in on the email inboxes twice per day Monday to Friday and attend pre-arranged team meetings.
Bring your own device
What the job will involve
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business. Tasks you will be responsible for include:
Day to Day
- Calendar management
- Email management
- Customer service e.g. answering technical and subscription queries for members of The Extraordinaries Club. You should be enthusiastic about helping people not just by email by on the phone or on a quick Zoom call
- Onboarding 1:1 clients including issuing invoices
- Facebook group management: admit new members, remove expired members, help with creating content
- Setting up attractive web pages using WordPress / Thrive themes
- Social media support e.g. generating ideas for content, scheduling, monitoring stats and answering comments / DMs
- Support with marketing email software (ConvertKit) e.g. scheduling emails, setting up customer segments
- Setting up Zoom calls
- Supporting webinars, masterclasses and coaching calls
- Writing standard operating procedures (SOPs), keeping them updated and adding them to ClickUp
- Set up of processes in ClickUp and maintenance of this tool for the smooth running of the team
- Tracking key metrics
- Schedule Zoom meetings
- Insert links into blogs, podcast show notes and emails
- Log questions asked in my Facebook group
- Maintain orderly file storage on Dropbox and Google Drive
- Schedule reminder emails to Extraordinaries Club members
- Create a back-up of my email list from ConvertKit
- Removal of bounced and unconfirmed subscribers from ConvertKit
- Research keywords for upcoming content
- Research blogs, podcasts and publications for me to pitch to and appear on
- Email list cleanse
- Conduct research
- Make widespread changes to the websites
- Create invoices for clients and email them out
- Create new product pages on the website and set up payment system and associated email forms and sequences
What you must have to be successful
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Confidence in working with a wide variety of web-based software
- Focus on the customer
- A bright, positive, can-do attitude
- Natural inclination to take the initiative
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Exemplary written British English
- Empathy and understanding of our customer base: relatively affluent parents of teenagers who are ambitious for their children to reach their full potential
Skills it will be good to have / you can develop through the role
- Excellent working knowledge of ClickUp
- Knowledge of WordPress websites e.g. how to create a new page or blog post, how to add H1, H2 headings etc
- Familiarity with Thrive Architect and Thrive Leads for designing attractive web pages and email sign-up forms in WordPress
- Knowledge of ConvertKit, my email management software
- Ability to use MeetEdgar, the social media scheduling tool
- Ability to troubleshoot customer service issues in both Memberpress and ConvertKit
Send your CV with covering email to email@example.com. Your email should have the title ‘Application for Executive Online Assistant role’ and contain an explanation of why you are a good fit for the role and why you’re attracted to it.