Work flexibly as a virtual assistant in this growing, family centred business
About the business
Life More Extraordinary is an internet business, created by Lucy Parsons, which teaches teenagers and their families the study skills they need to reach their full academic potential and be accepted by their dream university. The business was founded in 2015 when Lucy self-published the first version of her book, The Ten Step Guide to Acing Every Exam You Ever Take. Since then, Lucy has worked with dozens of students one-to-one on their study skills, spoken in schools across the country, run her study skills course for parents and students twice and run many of her popular online revision workshops.
Lucy has big plans for the business in 2018 and beyond and is looking for a General Virtual Assistant to be her right-hand person and second brain to free her up to concentrate on business strategy and revenue-generating projects.
What I’m offering
As my general virtual assistant you will be working in the business every day to support me with routine tasks such as email and calendar management, managing social media, customer support, proofreading my own writing, creating web pages and graphics for the website and much more.
The work will be flexible and you will work from your own home, although I would prefer a candidate local to me in Northamptonshire / Leicestershire so that we can have occasional face-to-face get-togethers but this isn’t essential. There is are a small number of daily tasks that I would like to be done early in the working day, which will take less than an hour. When you complete the rest of the work is up to you.
The role will initially involve taking some routine tasks off my hands to free me up to do other things (see below for details). I am looking for someone who will be proactive in their desire to take things off my hands, is customer focused, has exemplary written English and great attention to detail. As your competence and expertise grows I would hope that you will be able to take on more work and grow into more of a project management role, supervising other virtual members of the team that I plan to take on in the coming months.
You will be self-employed and submit an invoice to me every month. I will pay promptly.
This is a part-time position, starting at six hours per week. However, the hours are extremely likely to grow over time and will probably vary week by week.
Salary will be £20-£25 per hour, depending on your level of experience working with online business and your familiarity with systems like WordPress and my email management software, ConvertKit.
You will work from home on a flexible basis most of the time, but it is desirable that you are in Leicestershire or Northamptonshire so that we can occasionally meet face-to-face.
What the job will involve
- Calendar management
- Email management
- Customer service e.g. remind one-to-one clients about coaching sessions and resolve queries about digital products
- Admit people into my Facebook group
- Monitor Facebook group for inappropriate posts
- Remove people from my email list when requested
- Proofread emails I send out to my email list
- Insert links into blogs, podcast show notes and emails
- Proofread blog posts, podcast show notes and new pages on my website
- Share content with my audience on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Log questions asked in my Facebook group
- Convert blog posts into PDFs using printfriendly.com to make content upgrades
- Go through old blog posts adding relevant images, links and click to tweets
- Maintain orderly file storage on Dropbox
- Repurpose old blog posts for LinkedIn
- Create a back-up of my email list from ConvertKit
- Removal of bounced and unconfirmed subscribers from ConvertKit
- Research keywords for upcoming content
- Research blogs, podcasts and publications for me to pitch to and appear on
- Email list cleanse
- Create and maintain a content calendar in collaboration with me
- Conduct research
- Make widespread changes to my website
- Create standard operating procedures
- Create invoices for clients and email them out
- Create new product pages on the website and set up payment system and associated email forms and sequences
What you must have to be successful
- Excellent organisational skills
- Focus on the customer
- A bright, positive, can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Exemplary written British English
- Empathy and understanding of my customer base: relatively affluent parents of teenagers who are ambitious for their children to reach their full potential
Skills it will be good to have / you can develop through the role
- Knowledge of WordPress websites e.g. how to create a new page or blog post, how to add H1, H2 headings etc
- Familiarity with Thrive Architect and Thrive Leads for designing attractive web pages and email sign-up forms in WordPress
- Knowledge of ConvertKit, my email management software
- Ability to use MeetEdgar, the social media scheduling tool
- Familiarity with how to set up products for sale in SendOwl and how to troubleshoot customer service issues in both Sendowl and ConvertKit
Send your CV with covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should have the title ‘Application for GVA role’ and contain an explanation of why you are a good fit for the role and why you’re attracted to it. In your email please include a paragraph which names your favourite blog post or podcast episode from my website and why you like it.