Learning a language the brain-friendly way with Karin Raffa
Learning a language is a testing experience for many of us. Under exam stress it’s even more off-putting. In this episode of The School Success Formula I speak with Karin Raffa to hear her tips on learning a language so it sticks, the importance of authentic motivation and how the brain learns. Her background in neurolanguages offers an all-round view on not just learning a language effectively, but enjoying the process.
About Karin Raffa
With over 15 years experience in teaching, Karin is a qualified language teacher and has fostered a deep belief that anyone can learn a language with the right attitude. When she became a language teacher she took a course in Neurolanguage Coaching®* to learn how the brain works.
Her book ‘German Without Tears: Tried and Tested Strategies to Learn the German Language’ reveals tried and tested strategies that help you achieve your goal in learning a foreign language. Primarily a German teacher, her linguistic expertise and advice extends to all modern foreign languages.
What you can expect to hear on the podcast
The common struggle with learning a new language
The mindset you need to have to learn a language successfully
Understanding how the brain learns
What is neurolanguage coaching?
Enjoying the process of learning
Tips with learning a language for an exam
How to Increase the retention of new vocabulary, so it sticks
Use the tools and learning strategies you wish you knew in school
How to LET GO of Fear and Overwhelm and achieve your goal
Where to find Karin online
* registered trademark (US and Europe) in the name of Rachel Marie Paling
The podcast is six month’s old! Leave a review to have the chance of winning a signed copy of my book
The podcast is now six months old! To celebrate I’m giving away three signed copies of my book, The Ten Step Guide to Acing Every Exam You Ever Take. To win a copy leave a review of the podcast before midnight on 3rd January 2018. I will pick the three winners on 4th January and announce them on the podcast episode on 10th January 2018. You will need to contact me with your postal address to receive your copy of the book.
If you already have a copy you might like to give that copy to your child’s school library or to a friend so that you can keep the signed copy.
How to leave a podcast review on iTunes
Click here to find out how to leave a review in iTunes on your desktop.
How to leave a podcast review through the Apple podcast app
- Open the Apple Podcast app
- Cover art for the podcast
- Click on the search icon at the bottom of the screen (shown as a magnifying glass)
- Type in the name of the podcast (The School Success Formula)
- When the name of the podcast appears on the screen tap it
- Tap on the square album art cover for the podcast (you can see a picture of this to the right)
- Scroll down the screen to where it says ‘Ratings and Reviews’.
- Tap the stars to leave a rating (five stars please!)
- Scroll down further and tap on Write a Review
- Give your review a title then write your review – tell the world what you like about the podcast and how you’ve found it useful.
- Tap on send.
Lucy on twitter: @LucyCParsons
Contact Lucy by email: email@example.com
If you’d like to suggest yourself as a guest for the podcast, please complete this form.